Wednesday, November 01, 2006

A dinner recipe

I'm making this for dinner tonight. But I'll be using brown rice. And we'll of course be eating salad too. It's not my healthiest recipe, but it's sure tasty, and already typed out. :) If you wanted to reduce calories, I suppose you could poach the eggs instead, and use breast meat instead of thigh meat, actually I'm doing that tonight, the meat, not the eggs, no one is calorie counting around here, my kids are skinny and I'm pregnant.

The salad will have napa cabbage, mint, cilantro, shredded carrots, and butter leaf lettuce in it basically everything that makes a srping roll tasty without all of the work of rolling them, or the rice stick. And we will be using Trader Joe's Asian Style Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette on top, which tastes almost as good as my husband's recipe for homemade peanut sauce/dressing. This is a variation of the peanut sauce in this book. He adds a lot more lime juice and a little bit of water to thin it out for salad dressing, and doesn't put the cilantro in it because it's already in the salad.

I don't know if it's a copyright violation to post a recipe here that belongs to someone else, even if I credit it. Can anyone help me out on that?

I can tell you that when we are going all out we marinate prawns in red curry and coconut milk and a little bit of tamarind juice and then saute them and throw them on top of the salad, and it is tasty, but I don't think I have time to defrost any tonight.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails