Thursday, February 01, 2007

The Girl has decided she loves Gorgonzola cheese. She first discovered it in a salad with strawberries and walnuts and bean sprouts on spinach with Annie's rasberry vinaigrette so I naturally assumed that those things had something to do with her eating it, that was until she started eating it all by itself in little handfuls, and I started vacuming out of the rug before it got mashed in. (We have a carpeted eating area, whose brilliant idea was that I wonder?)

So I thought for sure she'd eat the baked brie that I made for my birthday. Brie, wrapped in light flaky pastry, all warm and gooie, what's not to like, right? Well, she didn't like it, put it down after two bites.

The Boy claims to not like either, though he ate the Gorgonzola in the salad and I caught him pulling gooie bits off of the Brie and putting them in his mouth. Oh well, I guess it's back to parmesan, and asiago, and romano, and feta, and goat cheese, and of course chedder.

I bought them some string cheese a while ago, they begged, I decided to try it after all it's cheese right? They wouldn't eat it, wouldn't finish a piece, so I tasted it. That has got to be the nastiest cheese I've ever encountered. I guess it really is working to feed them real food.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Hi Carrien,
Have you seen the Mouth Revolution yet? It's a funny short film:
http://www.MouthRevolution.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails