Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Honey, Lime, Mint and Basil Salad

The boy had seconds, and then thirds, and then fourths of this salad, which I think tells you all you need to know about how it tastes.

I used green and red leaf lettuce. The two heads I bought at the farmer's market 3 weeks ago are still crisp, yay for buying it fresh cut.

I tore it and added basil, and mint, and a spicy red and green mint variety that I picked up, but you could stick to regular mint if that's all you have.

Here is the dressing.

Equal parts honey, fresh lime juice, and olive oil. Add one or two twists of fresh ground pepper and shake it up before pouring on the salad and tossing together.

This is a variation on the dressing I usually use for bitter greens like cabbage, arugula, and kale.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We tried it and it was great! We used fresh mint and basil from our garden and made the addition of sliced strawberries and walnuts, as well.

Alyssa
http://homeschoolblogger.com/MintFlower

Related Posts with Thumbnails