Saturday, September 01, 2007

Summer Wrap Up

Wow, where did the summer go, and where did I go? It's already September and that little happy face has been up here quite long enough. I spent most of the month in the pool with my little people who impress me daily with how well they can swim compared to the beginning of summer. I have been taking advantage of it to get some exercise in this very uncomfortable heat wave you may have heard about. I can't swim because I have to keep people from drowning and hold a baby, but I can jog from one end of the pool to the other, and do leg lifts and jumping jacks in the water while holding the baby and it's a pretty good workout, and the bonus is that I don't feel all hot an sweaty while doing it.

I've also been at some very yummy and impressive food get togethers and I was really going to tell you all about it, but....it was summer ya know. And I'm a perfectionist I wanted to do it in order with pictures so I never ended up doing it at all. (Banging forehead with hammer._

***************

So I have this little problem that I run into from time to time. I start thinking that there are so many other food blogs out there, and so many other people who have been at this longer than I and who do a great job that i wonder why I bother. I realize that this is silly, and that the more people who talk about healthy food the more people will hear it, and that different voices are needed to get the message out, but I do feel discouraged every so often. Instead, I've decided that when I find something really cool I get to tell y'all about it and be happy that I'm not a lonely voice in the wilderness. Okay, enough of the narcissistic babbling, on to food.

**************
Do you know how to revive wilted lettuce and other greens? Lots of times lettuce will go limp before we can use it, but it's not rotten or dry yet. I put it in a bowl of cold water and put it back into the fridge for a while, usually that's all it takes for it to get nice and crispy again, and then I use it right away.

*************
I have some posts up at my hub page like How to make Red Bean Popsicles at Home and Honey Ginger Glazed Carrots
Make Frozen Yogurt at Home sugar free of course
Thai Salad Rolls
Tom Yum Kung Thai lime and shrimp soup
and my favorite new cookie invention Delicious Almond Coconut and Jam Cookies

So you have something to read.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Please don't feel discouraged! I love reading your blog. You have great ideas, and you really do inspire me to eat better and prepare healthier meals for my family. Keep up the great work! I look forward to your future posts.

April said...

I really enjoy reading your blog. You were definitely missed while you were gone!

a. borealis said...

I missed you too -- I kept on checking back, hoping there would be something new.

I think you're right -- the more we talk about it, the more the word gets out. I think it is very important. Keep it up! We need people like you, giving ideas and talking about your experiences. That is the beauty of a blog, especially because a lot of us are the lone pine in the forests of oak. I don't necessarily have a large selection of like-minded people in "real life". You know? Sometimes it is hard to stick out like a sore thumb. That is why I'm thankful for the internet, to help me realize that there are a lot of people exploring the same options and to be able to glean information and ideas from others' experience. I find it invaluable.

Related Posts with Thumbnails