Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Cranberry Chutney


Still have some cranberries? This is the other holiday recipe I look forward to all year long.

I crave the surprising blend of sweet and tart! It's a delicious addition to meat and fish, but my favorite way to eat is on a cracker with a bit of cream cheese. Get creative!

Cranberry Chutney

In a saucepan, simmer for 5 minutes:
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup minced onion
  • 1 clove garlic, minced or crushed
  • 1/4 teaspoon cloves
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/8 teaspoon ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 Tablespoons vinegar
  • 1/2 cup water
Then add:
  • 1 1/2 cups cranberries
Simmer for another 15 minutes, or till thickened. I mash the cranberries a bit with a fork as they soften. Allow to cool.

This chutney will keep for up to six months in the fridge.

1 comment:

Carrien Blue said...

This, looks amazing. I'm going to make some for sure. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails