Friday, June 22, 2007

Amazing Bean Salad

I just made this salad tonight for the first time and it's incredible.

Warm Garbanzo Bean Salad

1/2 medium yellow onion chopped very fine

3 cloves garlic, minced

1 tsp whole cumin seeds

15 oz/1can garbanzo beans

Heat 2 tbsp Canola oil in a skillet on medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and cumin and cook until translucent 3-5 minutes. Add the beans and heat until warm through, about 3 minutes. Add the juice of 2 limes and cook for 1 minutes longer. Remove from heat and add salt and pepper, 2 handfuls of cilantro leaves, and a splash or two chili oil. Eat warm. So good.

Homemade chili oil is just olive oil that is sealed in a jar with chili peppers long enough for the flavor to get into the oil.

I am writing what will probably be a series of posts on how to eat real food on a limited budget. I will be posting it very soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI,

I can comment finally! YAY! Just want to say that I really enjoy your blog and wish that my diet was as nutritionally great as yours! I can certainly improve.

Look forward to your budget eating posts!

Cheers, Wilm in NZ

Related Posts with Thumbnails