Monday, June 04, 2007

What is Avocado Pie?

That's what Kate wants to know. This is an excellent question. (Warning, not low cal or low fat.)

Avocado Pie begins with a graham cracker crust.

1 2/3 cups graham cracker crumbs

2+ tbsp melted butter

mix together and press into a 9 inch pie plate. Bake for about 10 minutes in oven and allow to cool.

For the filling you need very ripe avocados and lemon juice and sugar.

Combine in a food processor until the avocados are really smooth and creamy. Add lemon juice and sugar until it tastes like dessert. (This will take a lot of sugar and lemon juice but tastes really good when you get it right.)

Spread avocado filling into the pie shell and top with whipped cream. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

I know it sounds weird but it actually tastes pretty good. It's the only way I can get my kids to eat avocado.

1 comment:

kate said...

Hmm. I love avocados (and I do mean LOVE) but I don't think I would be too keen on this recipe. I'm sure it tastes good, but I would rather use my avocados for a nice savory dish (preferably with lots of cilantro!) Though actually I'm sure I would like it if someone served it to me...

Related Posts with Thumbnails