Monday, November 05, 2007

Homemade Bread

Stephanie put me in touch with this wonderful looking blog a while back. It's really fun to read, and I bet the recipes taste good too. These people take bread seriously.




The thing about homemade bread is, no matter what the recipe, you are unlikely to encounter nearly as many additives as in standard store bought loaves. I've not seen a bread recipe that calls for corn syrup, but it's in every whole wheat loaf I look at at my local store. If you make your own bread with whole grains that makes it even better.

Once you get in the habit of making bread, like everything else, it's not really that hard, or time consuming. I have this really nifty, really expensive mixer that actually can knead bread. Since I started making bread once a week, I often don't even bother getting it out. It takes about the same amount of time to mix it by hand as it does to get the mixer out of the cupboard, and then wash it and put it away afterwards. So take a look. I plan to try the whole grain recipe soon.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails